Sunday, December 25, 2011

Christmas is Here

           Alright boys and girls, Christmas is here, and we all know what that means.  Presents are under the tree waiting for us to rip them apart and see whats inside while the parents stand behind them to see the looks on their faces hoping it was the gift they wanted.  The stockings are stuffed with candy and goodies, Christmas music plays in the background as the parents are secretly happy they don't have to hear those songs for another year after this day.  The kids play with their toys as the parents clean up the mess they made while opening the gifts.  Before we know it the day is over, the kids are worn out from all of the excitement, and A Christmas Story  24 hour marathon on TBS is finally off until the next Christmas, why its always the same movie every year is beyond me.

        Its the day after Christmas I don't enjoy.  Packing the decorations, taking out the endless amounts of trash, and taking down the Christmas tree puts me in a mini depression every year.  It seems those days after Thanksgiving are the happiest of the year, up until after Christmas day that is.  Then before you know it the month is over and everyone goes on with their lives and back to reality.  Of course next year will be worse due to the "end of the world" and all, and no I don't believe it will happen for your information, but they made a movie about it and some people take it seriously.  For those people by the way get a life, honestly, what evidence do you have other than the Mayan calender running out of days.  You ever think they just got tired of making the calender and just decided to end it on December 21, 2012?

       Okay, I went off topic there.  This day is a great day and I plan on enjoying every minute of it, not because of the presents or the stockings filled with goodies.  I will enjoy this day because I will be surrounded by people I love.  There are a few more who I wish were here but sometimes we don't get what we want and that's okay because there is always next year, well according to some people anyways.

      So I hope everyone is surrounded by loved ones and I wish everyone a Merry Christmas.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment