Sunday, December 11, 2011

Change is Never Easy

             Tomorrow I move out of a place that I have called home for over ten years and head towards an uncertain future.  I am a bit scared of what will happen or if I will make it in the career I have chosen for myself.  Recently I graduated from Full Sail University with a Bachelor's Degree in Film.  Just after my graduation I got an internship at a company called Odyssey Creative.  Several months pass in a flash and before I knew it my internship was over and now in less than a day I'm heading to Atlanta where I have a better chance at getting a job.  Of course it won't be easy due to the economy but I will keep pushing forward in order to reach the goals I have set for myself.  I guess I have more excitement than fear in my heart, but never the less its' a feeling I haven't had in a long time.

            I just sat down after going through my room, everything boxed up and ready to go. My soon to be old room is now as barren  as the day I moved in.  Memories seem to flood back into my thoughts with every item I place into a box and I wonder where did the time go.  I haven't moved to much in my life and I suppose that isn't a bad thing.  I made friends, memories that are unforgettable, and hopefully I left a lasting impression on the people I met along the way.   The hardest thing though is moving away from a family that has always been there for me whenever I needed them, and though that won't change it still hurts to know that I won't live as close as I would like to be.

          We get older and we move on, it is a part of life and it happens more often than you want it to.  It has been a long road but it wouldn't of been possible without a great father to support my every move and a stepmother who has been there for me whenever I needed someone.  I have a mother who always has an open ear whenever I need to talk to someone, a sister who seems to know to call me when she has something on her mind, and a stepfather who has more patience than the average person and I thank them all for being there for me. I can't complain about the life I have had in Florida.   I suppose the move won't be so bad, but moving away from something I have known my whole life is not as easy as I would like it to be.

           We will see where this road will take me and I will stay positive no matter the outcome.  Things seem to work out in the end, but until then I will just enjoy the ride.









       

No comments:

Post a Comment