Monday, January 14, 2013

Solace: Our New Independent Film

Hey there to all my readers.  I know I haven't been on top of the blog in the last month or so, but I've been a tad busy with life.  Around July of last year I wrote that my friend and I were developing a film called Polybius.  This film is something we still plan on doing but we've basically come to the conclusion that what we wanted to do with it would cost to much.  So we decided to put it on hold until we have the budget needed to do it correctly.

Don't fret though, as we do have a project in the works, something that hasn't been done before.  We're developing a movie that's basically based on six short films, all of which range from the year 1938 to present day.  The basic concept of the project revolves around a haunted piece of property with a supernatural force that effects the town of Solace and a family over the course of 75 years.  The interesting part of all this is that each short film takes place in a different decade and each short film will be filmed the way it would have been with in that time frame.  For example, the story taking place in the eighties will be filmed a lot like a Friday the 13th film, the nineties version will be filmed like The Blair Witch Project.  I think you get the picture.  Below is a teaser poster of the film.
 If you haven't guessed by the poster, a monster is involved with whats happening around the town of Solace.  I won't go into specifics as to why the monster is killing and what exactly will happen to him, but I will say that the first short film is being shot next week and we might possibly will give you a glimpse as to what we're trying to do.  The first film is based in 1938, and though I can't give you details I can give you a glimpse as to what the creatures arm will look like in a concept drawing.
 
No color or exactly what the texture will be, but it gives you an idea of what it could be.  Let your imaginations run wild.  If you have questions and would like to know more, just comment.  Anyways, we plan on putting up a Kickstarter in a month or so, and I'll be sure to post a link in due time.

No comments:

Post a Comment